Mobile phones have changed the way the world connects. Phones are getting smarter all the time and most people today have one. Text messaging is a cheap and effective way to send important messages to teachers, staff, parents and pupils.
With SMS messaging
- Teachers can inform pupils and colleagues of time or venue changes, and send reminders or messages to boost morale before an important test.
- Pupils receive up to date information on class times and schedules and for extracurricular clubs or activities.
- Parents receive reminders and notices of activities at the school and upcoming events or information meetings.
How SMS messaging works
- Fronter administrators have direct control over who has access to send SMS and to whom they are able to send.
- The school purchases a 'Pay-as-you-go/cash card,' representing a fixed number of text messages.
- Text messages can be sent to individuals or groups and are sent directly from Fronter.
- The SMS messaging tool gives full reporting of text messages sent and received.